Even losing one tooth can be devastating, especially if it’s visible to other people. Age, accidents, and gum disease can all contribute to losing teeth. In fact, nearly 30% of adults have lost all or at least one quarter of their teeth, requiring significant restoration, such as dentures, bridges, or dental implants.
Dental implants are crowns that are fixed to titanium supports that replace the root of the tooth. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Dr. Kling recommends dental implants in Alexandria whenever possible for tooth replacement. Implants can help prevent the bone deterioration that results from the removal of the tooth’s root and are superior to dentures for your overall dental health. Once an implant specialist has completed your implant procedure, Dr. Kling will create beautiful porcelain crowns that are permanently attached to the implant. They will be as attractive as your original teeth, if not more so.
Don’t wait to replace even one tooth. The bone deterioration process begins almost immediately, and if left too long, will not be able to support an implant. Call our Alexandria dental office at 703-299-8444 to discuss your tooth replacement options and especially dental implants with Dr. Kling.